Whiskey sour is maybe the best of classic coctails. It’s very easy to make, and the recipe is the base for the whole family of sour drinks. There are also a variety of all adjustments you can make to ensure it suits your taste well. Although the adjustments that you need for bourbon sour is very loveable or reasonable anyway :). You can also find the vegan whiskey recipe in this article.
As the name suggests, this cocktail is sour. The flavor is perfectly balanced and complemented by the sweetness of the tart whiskey and simple syrup, so it’s not as tart as you might think despite scotch or whiskey or bourbon or whatever. Try it with the ratio suggested in the recipe, give it a little taste, then adjust your next drink as needed. The bright side is, you can evolve it as your own taste. Let’s start to recipe.
- A shaker
- A strainer
- Short glass
Whiskey Sour Ingredients
- 2 parts bourbon(You can find the best whiskeys at the end of the article)
- 1 parts lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/2 part simple sugar syrup
- Garnish: maraschino cherry or lemon peel
- Cubed Ice
- 1/2 part egg white
Step by Step Whiskey Sour Recipe
- 1 – Gather the Ingredients
- 2 – In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the ingredients.(Lemon is the key be sure that you have a one good lemon.)
- 3 – Shake for a while
- 4 – Strain into a chilled sour glass or over fresh ice in an old-fashioned glass.
- 5 – Garnish with a cherry or lemon peel.
- 6 – Drink and cheer up!
Best Bourbons To Make Whiskey Sour
- Jim Beam
- Maker’s Mark
- Jameson Irish
- Chivas Regal
- Jack Daniels
- Rye Whiskey
You can also check the article which is about World’s Greatest Whiskey’s from here.
Vegan Whiskey Sour Recipe
Ingredients For Vegan Whiskey
- 1 tbsp aquafaba
- 3 oz whiskey
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 2 oz simple syrup
- Garnish; 2 maraschino cherries
How To Do
- Shake aquafaba in a cocktail shaker for 40 seconds until frothy.
- Add whiskey, simple syrup, lemon juice and ice to your shaker.
- Shake whole ingredients together thoroughly.
- Strain whiskey sour into an ice-filled glass and garnish with cherries and ENJOY your drink! 🙂